V. Ganesh is the former MD & CEO of KFin Technologies Pvt Ltd (erstwhile Karvy Computershare). Established the company as the largest multi-asset / multi-region Managed Services and Platform player, in Shareowner services across India and Asia, in the BFSI space. Drove a bouquet of offerings in the Fintech space across asset classes for the Investment & Wealth Management industry
A Chartered Accountant & Cost Accountant by profession with over 25 years of experience, I have incubated and developed B2B businesses of scale in the Financial services domain. Driven Technology based sales and solutioning by creating world-class Platforms to address multiple asset classes for Institutional clients. Dovetailed platform play with strong service delivery across the Investment management industry – Mutual Funds, Pension Funds, Alternates, and Corporate market services, amongst others.
Grew Businesses from scratch to achieve 4x valuation in 10 years. Serviced a very scaled marketplace with 100mn investor accounts, an AUM of $100bn, and a daily throughput of nearly 500,000 transactions (120mn pa). Payments and settlements itself exceeded $10bln per day across multiple payment modes and partners.
- Established the company as a player of repute in the Fintech space. Executed a strong end-to-end business domain right from Investor acquisition to customer engagement journeys to Payments to Delivery
- Evangelised opportunities across every investment class. Created a multi-domain talented team to establish multiple business verticals like MF, Pension, Insurance, Alternates, Bonds, Corporate markets
- Delivered an EBITDA CAGR of 15%, year on year, over the last 5 years with new business exceeding a CAGR of 25%. Consistently maintained high EBITDA margins and free cash flows to create value.
- Scaled the company from 30 to 5,500 employees with an overarching tech focus. Created a strong vision, culture & deeply engaged workforce with high ownership. Got ourselves certified as a “Great Place to Work”
- Drove Tech Transformation across almost all critical areas. These include Digital initiatives like Customer facing apps and online (took app ratings to 4.2); API framework for a highly complex market engagement; RPA by partnering with leading players; Cyber security and surveillance systems Analytics including predictive
- In a nutshell, shaped the Tech landscape for the company by migrating to Marketplace play, driving Platform-based solutions and a Digital engagement framework as the emerging vision of the company.
- Well networked across the Investment Management industry, Banks, Insurance, and leading corporates in India. Have extensive B2B sales and business management experience with B2B2C delivery capabilities
- Became the first & only Indian player to go international. Focussed on annuity revenue streams and diversified both by business & by geography to de-risk earnings. Significantly changed company multiples
- Apart from all these, created a highly compliance centric entity with no material deviations from any Regulator.
- Established a strong practice around market advocacy and thought leadership apart from extensively speaking at various industry forums and panels. Chaired the industry association for over 5 years